The sleek 3.6-pound CanoScan LiDE 200 is approximately the dimension of a laptop PC as well as just as portable. I tested a production design, which was easy to install and also use. Its energy-efficient layout (2.5 watts optimal power usage) makes use of a solitary cord for both USB as well as power. 4 helpful buttons automate common tasks (duplicate, scan, PDF, email), as well as in my examinations they were very easy to tailor.
Canon's ScanGear software conveniently offered an option of control modes (fundamental, innovative, automobile), as well as the bundled ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5 used a complete option of tools for editing as well as manipulating my checked images. To maintain the LiDE 200's expense down, however, Canon chose not to consist of an optical personality recognition (Optical Character Recognition) application in the software package.
In a range of tests, which included scanning from a range of originals (such as an old, discolored picture), the LiDE 200 created fine-looking shade as well as grayscale scans at a rapid clip. It took just 10.6 and 15 secs, respectively, to scan a 4-by-5-inch picture at 600 dpi and a full-page color paper at 300 dpi-- both faster ratings compared to just what I have actually seen from contending scanners I have actually lately tested. The LiDE 200's photo top quality was normally very good, also, with crisp details as well as accurate shade, as well as its fading and also backlight correction showcases considerably improved my old family photos.
The LiDE 200's primary restrictions are that it checks just reflective things (no film checks) as well as it can not do much in the way of OCR. I was able to produce searchable PDFs and plain-text (. txt) documents from numerous files, yet I could not conserve multicolumn formats (consisting of tables as well as graphics) in RTF, Microsoft Excel, or other editable documents formats.
If you don't should scan movie or perform a great deal of OCR, the mobile Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 is a portable as well as energy-efficient scanner.
CanoScan LiDE 200 Operating System CompatibilityWindows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 /
|CanoScan LiDE 200 Scanner Driver OS X 10.10/OS X 10.9/OS X 10.8/Mac OS X 10.7/Mac OS X 10.6/Mac OS X 10.5||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 200 Scanner Driver Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Windows 8 (64-bit)/Windows 7 (64-bit)/Windows Vista (64-bit)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 200 Scanner Driver (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 200 ICA Driver Mac OS X 10.6||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 200 ScanGear CS for Windows XP (64-bit)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 200 ScanGear CS Windows 7 (64-bit)/Windows Vista (64-bit)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 200 ScanGear CS Windows 2000 (32-bit)/Windows 7 (32-bit)/Windows Vista (32-bit)/Windows XP (32-bit)||Download|
How to install the driver for CanoScan LiDE 200
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile, if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page appears with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.