Design & FeaturesAs shown by the cheap price, the Canon Pixma iP1600 printer is a basic class printer with no features at all. This printer has a paper inserting section but there is no base or tray for the exit of the paper just like most printers do. Therefore, the print out of the printer will simply fall on the table just like that. Actually this procedure can work well, provided you can provide enough space on the front of the printer, such as on a desk that is large enough.
This printer will be difficult if placed on a narrow space such as on the shelf for example, because the print out of the printer will immediately fall to the floor in the absence of the base of the paper, which most likely will make the prints easily trampled by passers-by when placed in crowded venues scattering various people like in the office or at school.
Canon Pixma iP1600 printer feels less than in many respects than Canon Pixma iP3300 and Canon Pixma iP4300 printers that have a price more expensive than Canon Pixma iP1600. This printer is easy to install, because you only need to install two ink cartridges only in color ink and black ink, unlike a high-end printer that usually have to install a variety of ink cartridges first before use.
Custom options during this printer program installation will give you a choice of components to install like Adobe RGB color profiles, but it does not explain the definition of those components and why this Canon Pixma iP1360 user will need those color profiles to improve the color accuracy when performing printing. The installer will recommend you align the printer header during installation, a fairly straightforward manual process that requires only one sheet of paper for better future prints.
Print Performance & QualityWith the presence of black ink given at the time of purchase of Canon Pixma iP1600 printer, this printer can certainly print a high quality writing equivalent to other Canon Pixma printers and not slow as previous Canon Pixma editions that must accumulate three colors in advance if you want to print posts black.
This iP1600 printer has more speed in printing black and white pages than it does to print colored text, but the quality provided is not as satisfactory as other printers that cost more. In a test, the printer was able to print black and white documents at 19 ppm (pages per minute) and print color documents at 16 ppm.
Although this printer has the same type of ink as its more expensive Canon Pixma iP1700, the color prints given by the Canon Pixma iP1600 appear to be pale when compared to the more expensive Canon brothers, either because of what is possible, but because the printing software is not as well as Canon Pixma iP1700 because the ink is the same. For the business of printing photos, the quality produced by the Canon Pixma iP1600 seems almost equivalent to Canon Pixma iP1700, but for the darker parts appear to decrease in quality in detail the resulting picture and overall look less wah compared to his brother.
Overall, the features and advantages offered by this printer is considered quite fit, especially for the budget berbujet thin like the students.
Canon PIXMA iP1600 Operating System CompatibilityWindows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux
Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 and Mac OS X 10.5 4.83 7.5 MB⟷ Download
Printer Driver for Windows XP (64-bit) 1.90d 4.5 MB⟷ Download
My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 3.3.0 5.6 MB⟷ Download
PIXMA iP1600 CUPS Printer Driver for (OS X 10.5/10.6) 10.51.2.0 11 MB⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX Windows 2000 (32-bit) 3.2.0 43 MB⟷ Download
Printer Driver for Windows 2000 (32-bit) /Windows XP (32-bit) 1.90d 8.4 MB⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 4.7.0 58 MB⟷ Download
My Printer Windows 2000 (32-bit) 2.9.5 2.7 MB⟷ Download
Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module 1.10 4.1 MB⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 4.5.0 58 MB⟷ Download
PIXMA iP1200 / PIXMA iP1600 / PIXMA iP2200 - Quick Start Guide CA.1.00 1.4 MB⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64) 4.5.0 58 MB⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6) 4.1.6 102 MB⟷ Download
Easy-LayoutPrint For Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32/64-bit) 1.03 36 MB⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64) 4.7.0 58 MB⟷ Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1600 :
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP1600 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.