The Canon Pixma MP550 is perfect for the small home office: it delivers excellent print quality, costs only 90 euros and shines with low page prices.
Canon Pixma MP550: Delivers a very good print image. The Canon multifunction device showed in the test a very good print and copy quality. Thanks to its pigmented black ink, it delivers very sharp letters and excellent coverage in both texts and images, with no discernible raster.
Print from USB stick
You can send photos from the PC to the printer via the USB interface, or transfer them directly to the printer and then to paper using a memory card or USB stick. However, you should take your time: printing A4 photos takes almost 4 minutes. However, the MP550 is faster in text printing: a five-page document takes about 48 seconds - a good value.
In addition, the Canon done his job quite cheap: One page in black and white costs around 2.6 cents, for an A4 photo you have to pay 1.36 euros. Thus, the Pixma MP550 as a multi-functional device with five separate ink tanks offers low follow-up costs. Power consumption is also very low at 4.7 watts during operation and 0.3 watts during standby.
The MP550 is operated via a rotary knob on the device. This will allow you to comfortably access all menus. For example, on the 2-inch display, you can select and edit photos for a print job.
A duplex unit does not offer the device. You can only print documents on both sides manually: Simply select the corresponding one in the driver and reinsert the sheets manually in the printer after the first print pass.
Matthias Roessler, editor. Matthias Roessler, editor. Conclusion
The Canon Pixma MP550 is the ideal device for small offices and at home. He delivers texts and pictures in very good quality, but also takes some time. With its low printing costs, it is something special in this low price range. Although he offers no fax, but you can print directly from a USB stick or from a memory card.
Download Canon Pixma MP550 Driver for Windows 10, windows 8, windows 7 and Mac. The MP550 produces quality prints, copies and scans using efficient individual ink tanks. 2-Way paper feeding enables printing without changing the paper type.
Enhance your images on a 2.0 colour TFT with no need for a computer. High resolution and microscopic ink dots ensure you produce quality borderless photos. Scan sharp photos and documents at up to 2400 x 4800 dpi.
Windows Operation System :
Windows 10 32 & 64 bit
Windows 8.1 32 & 64 bit
Windows 8 32 & 64 bit
Windows 7 32 & 64 bit
Windows XP 32 & 64 bit
Windows Vista 32 & 64 bit
Driver And Software Details For Windows 32 & 64 bit
Manufacture : Canon
Hardware : Canon Pixma MP550
Software name : MP550 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
File Name : mp68-win-mp550-1_05-ea24.exe
Version : 1.05
Released date : 22 July 2015
File Size : 20 MB
Download Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP 32 bit
Download Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP 64 bit
Mac OS X Operation System :
Mac OS X El Capitan v10.11
Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10
Mac OS X Maverick v10.9
Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
Mac OS X Lion v10.7
Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6
Driver And Software Details For Mac OS X
Manufacture : Canon
Hardware : Canon Pixma MP550
Software Name : CUPS Printer Driver
File Name : mcpd-mac-mp550-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg
Version : 220.127.116.11
Post Date : 03-12-2015
File size : 16 MB
Download CUPS Printer Driver
Download Scanner Driver
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon Pixma MP550:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon Pixma MP550 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon Pixma MP550. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.
Post a Comment