As with any other computer, a scanner requires intermediate software between itself and the operating system. Software called this driver will be used by Windows to be able to communicate, so that a scanner can be used by the user.
CanoScan N670U is one of Canon's products that may still be used by some scanner users. Although maybe the model looks quite old, but its ability is still sufficient for some computer users. With the right drivers, this scanner is still quite feasible to use.
Driver scanner commonly referred to as TWAIN This last driver is version 220.127.116.11a, good for windows 2000, XP and Vista. With the size of a relatively small driver, only about 5.2 MB, has included all its features. After the driver is installed on the computer, the user can already use the scanner, either using a program from Canon, such as CanoScan Toolbox or can also directly scan documents from third-party programs that have been integrated like Adobe Photoshop.
Because it's an old product, drivers for this scanner are not available for Windows 7 and above, but this should still be overcome by using drivers for Windows Vista, given the core of the two windows are not much different.
Download Canoscan n670u Driver Scanner For Windows 8, windows 7, windows XP And Mac. This CanoScan flatbed scanner delivers 600 x 1,200 resolution in a slim package, just over 1 inch high. It uses a single USB cable for both power and data from any compatible Mac or PC. This scanner offers 42-bit scanning with more than four trillion possible colors.
Canon CanoScan N670U Driver Compatibility
- Windows Xp 32bit
- Windows Xp 64bit
- Windows Vista 32bit
- Windows Vista 64bit
- Mac OS X
Windows Driver Details
- Manufacture : Canon
- Hardware : CanoScan N670U
- Software Name : TWAIN Driver - N670U Scanner Driver
- File Name : lide20lide30n670un676un1240uvst7031a_xpen.exe
- Version : 18.104.22.168a
- Post Date: 12/20/2011
- File Size : 5.28 Mb
Mac Driver Details
- Manufacture : Canon
- Hardware : CanoScan N670u
- Software Name : N670U/N676U/N1240U Scanner Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124aX (Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4)
- File Name : lide20lide30n670un676un1240uosx7011aen.dmg
- Version : 126.96.36.199a
- Post Date : 12/20/2011
- File Size : 2.95 Mb
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon CanoScan N670U:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon CanoScan N670U in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon CanoScan N670U. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.