Kyocera Mita Ecosys laser monochrome printer The FS-1350DN laser monochrome begins with a weakness as the list price of $ 761 (until May 25, 2009) - the only price that the company will provide - makes it more expensive than it might be in the store. But at a better price, this level entry printer is still slow and offers mediocre graphics quality. So why consider buying it? Because the ingredients are very cheap.
The printer is only available through authorized traders, who usually sell printers as part of a package agreement with other services. Entrance lasers performed similar to FS-1350DN include Xerox Phaser 3250 / DN and Ricoh Aficio SP 3300DN, both now costing below $ 400.
Kyocera claims that image drips on the Ecosys FS-1350DN can last for hundreds of thousands of pages, so the things you need to change regularly are toner supplies. The printer ship uses a simple 3600-page starter cartridge; 7200-page replacement cartridge costing $ 83, or 1.2 cents per page. The price is compete with the best toner prices on the market, including for high laser printers.
Control panel has two lines, a monochrome LCD with multiple navigation and optional buttons. The advanced user guide provides detailed but accessible instructions for using the control panel buttons and explains the meaning of flashing cursor or question mark on the LCD when a printing error occurs.
In its standard configuration, the FS-1350DN offers automatic duplexing. The unit also has a 250-sheet main input and output tray. The 50-sheet multipurpose tray is bendy, but a broad plastic complement and paper guide is easier than the main guide on the main tray. You can add one or two 250-sheet input tray for $ 130 each. The host USB port and slot for the optional CompactFlash card reader allows you to print directly from a portable storage device or camera.
Fixed speed and subpar graphics quality damaged FS-1350DN performance. Kyocera claimed the highest speed of 32 pages per minute, but in our tests, it managed to produce a subpar of 27.6 ppm. Graphic print speeds are slower than average, and their release quality is disappointing: Images look dark, rough, and rough, with gray contrast alternately.
The less powerful Kyocera Mita FS-1350DN is a little push. Attractive features such as autoduplexing, direct printing, and cheap toners can make them ideal for small working groups, but cheaper options are available
Kyocera FS-1350DN Specs
- General type A4 Monochrome Desktop Printer
- Technology KYOCERA ECOSYS Laser
- Engine speed Up to 30 pages per minute A4
- Resolution 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Warm-up time 14 seconds or less from power on
- Time to first print Approx. 6 seconds
- Dimensions (W x D x H) Main unit: 375 x 393 x 267 mm
- Weight Main unit incl. toner: Approx. 12 kg
- Power consumption Printing: 484 W, Stand-by: 12 W, Sleep-mode: 7.1 W
- Power source AC 220 ~ 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Noise (ISO 7779) Printing: 54 dB(A); Stand-by: 30 dB(A)
- Safety standards TÜV/GS, CE - This product is manufactured according to ISO 9001 quality standard and ISO 14001 environmental standard.
- General memory Standard 128 MB + ECOmemory, max. 1,152 MB in 1 DDRIISDRAM DIMM slot
- Input capacity 250-sheet universal paper cassette, 60-120 g/m², A4, A5, A6, B5, Letter, Legal, Custom (105 x 148 mm to 216 x 297 mm), 50-sheet multi-purpose tray, 60-220 g/m², A4, A5, A6, B5, Letter, Custom (70 x 148 mm to 216 x 356 mm)
- Max. input capacity with options 800 sheets A4
- Duplex unit 60–105 g/m²; A4, Letter, Legal, Folio, Oficio2
- Max. output capacity 250 sheets face-down
- General paper handling All paper capacities quoted are based on a paper thickness of max. 0.11 mm. Please use paper recommended by KYOCERA under normal environmental conditions.
- Processor PowerPC 440 FS - 500 MHz
- Memory Standard 128 MB, max. 1,152 MB in 1 DDR2-SDRAM DIMM slot
- Controller language PRESCRIBE IIe
- Emulations PCL 6, KPDL3 (Postscript 3 compatible), PCL 5c Line Printer, IBM Proprinter X24, EPSON LQ 850, DIABLO 630, PDF Direct print
- Fonts 101 outline fonts accessible in all emulations, 1 bitmap font, 45 types of one-dimensional barcodes plus twodimensional barcode PDF-417
- Downloadable fonts Kyocera, PCL + TrueType format, Type 1 + 3 format
- Features Automatic duplex unit enables booklet printing
- Applicable OS All current Windows operatig systems, Mac OS X Version 10.2 or higher, UNIX, LINUX as well as other operating systems on request
- Standard interface USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed), FastEthernet (10/100BaseTX), KUIO/W interface slot, USB Host Interface dedicated for USB Flash Memory device, Slot for optional CompactFlash®-Card
Download link driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows
Download Driver FS-1350DN for Windows 32 Bit
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 10 32 bit⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 8.1 32 bit⟷ Download
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 8 32 bit⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 7 32 bit⟷ Download
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows XP 32 bit⟷ Download
Download Driver FS-1350DN for Windows 64 Bit
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 10 64 bit⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 8.1 64 bit⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 8 64 bit⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows 7 64 bit⟷ Download
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for Windows XP 64 bit⟷ Download
Download Driver FS-1350DN for MAC OS
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for MAC OS 10.7⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for MAC OS 10.8⟷ Download
Download Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for MAC OS 10.9⟷ Download
Driver Kyocera FS-1350DN for MAC OS 10.10⟷ Download
How to install the driver for Kyocera FS-1350DN
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile, if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page appears with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can have differed depend on upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Kyocera FS-1350DN. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7, for windows XP or windows 8 is not the much different way.