When Canon announced at CES the addition of three new office all-in-one printers to their Pixma inkjet printer line - including the flagship Canon Pixma MX870 - I couldn't wait to test them. Well, the day has officially come, and we have a full review of exclusive. of the Canon Pixma MX870 Office All-in-One before it hits store shelves. Read on to find out if it would be the perfect addition to your office!
PIXMA MX870 SPECIFICATIONS:
- Printer type Multi-function
- Color technology Inkjet
- Max color resolution 9600 x 2400 dpi
- Max B/W resolution 600 x 600 dpi
- Droplet size 1 pl
- Color print speed (ISO, ESAT) 6.1 ppm
- B/W print speed (ISO, ESAT) 9.4 ppm
- Photo print speed 39 sec (4"x 6")
- Inks 5 (Pigment Black, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Ink type Pigment + Dye-based
- Ink type - notes Pigment-based Black, and Dye-based Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
- Max document size 8.5" x 11"
- Fixed paper size No
- Supported media Letter, Legal, A4, 4" x 6" in, 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Standard No.10 envelopes
- Supported media - notes Paper, Photo paper, Envelopes, Labels, Cards, Transparencies
- Feeder capacity 150
- Number of trays 1
- Auto duplex / double sided printing Yes
- Borderless printing Yes
- Color management No
- Scanner type Color flatbed
- Max optical resolution 2400 x 4800 dpi
- Scanner color depth 48-bit
- Transparency adapter No
- Max scanner document size 8.5" x 11.7"
- Scan to memory Yes
- Direct printing Yes (PictBridge)
- Voice enabled No
- Editing / processing Auto Photo Fix
- Ethernet Yes (10/100)
- Wi-Fi Yes (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth Yes
- USB USB 2.0 (480Mbit/sec)
- Memory card support Yes (Compact Flash, SD/SDHC, Memory Stick/Pro/Pro Duo, XD)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows XP (64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Max OS X - 10.5 (and above)
- Max OS X - 10.6 (and above)
- Display Color LCD
- Display - touchscreen No
- Display - size 2.5″
- Batteries No
- Weight 26.10 lb
- Dimensions 19.4 x 8.9 x 17.1″ (493 x 226 x 434 mm)
MX870 series MP Driver Ver.1.06 (Windows): Download
MX870 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (OS X): Download
Canon Pixma MX870 Driver from Canon Website.
How to install the driver for Canon Pixma MX870
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile, if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page appears with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.